Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Favorite Songs

Some of my favorite songs:

"The Impossible Dream," Neil Diamond's "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show," "The Hallelujah Chorus," "While on the Sea (a hymn with a haunting minor key melody)," and songs by Meatloaf and Kansas. Lately "Forever and for always" by Shania Twain has caught my attention (and I usually don't like country songs that much). I do tend to like love songs that focus on relationships that are phenomenally good. I appreciate songs that reveal depth of pain and loss, but am deeply troubled by songs that spew hatred and profanity. How do these songs improve people's lives?
Goals? Remember the song "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony"? My goal is to see harmony not only in singing but in speaking and listening.
What are your songs? And what do our favorite songs say about us?

No comments: